Small change, big effect. Be a part of making the world a better place.
FAQ'S BELOW or for general questions or enquiries please use the form:
283 Young St, Waterloo NSW 2017 | | @freedomhuborg | P: 0423 169 705
CAN WE HAVE OUR OWN CATERER?
Yes. We have three packages to choose from.
1.The Freedom Hub venue can be hired as a "blank canvas" which includes the white cafe tables and chairs only. As a bare canvas you bring in everything else you need, as you would for a marquee event. We have recommended partners you can select if you want to ensure your wedding is completely ethical or you can choose your own.
2. Alternatively, you may book an "assisted event", where we provide cooking equipment, table top items, set up and pack down team. 3. Or the "fully managed" event, where we work together to select ethical food from our menu, wine and staffing. The fully managed package also gives you a number of hours with one of our experienced wedding planners who will help you with every detail to make your event a huge success.
HOW DO I BOOK AN EVENT?
1. Complete the enquiry form on this page giving us as much information about the event as possible.
2. We will contact you to find out any information we are missing and then send you our pricing packages.
3. If you are happy that the prices fit into your budget, book a 1 hour 'viewing and planning meeting' with one of our planners.
4. We will then send you a personalised quote for your event and put a 'tentative hold' on the date for 14 days.
5. If you are happy with the quote, a $500 'hold the date deposit' is required within 14 days of the quote & the signed T&C's.
6. A 50% deposit is required 3 months ahead of the event, and full payment is due 14 business days ahead.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT?
The Freedom Hub venue is a cafe six days a week, so events are held outside cafe hours. We charge your event by the hour so you can choose how much time you need to bump in your event and bump out. The venue must be reset as found for cafe trading after your event (we can provide a team) and at night events all guests must have departed the venue by midnight. NOTE: During COVID there is an additional COVID cleaning fee after your event.
WHAT IS YOUR CHANGE POLICY?
After you have received a quote from us, you place a non refundable $500 hold the date deposit. We have become a very popular venue so holding a date can cost us thousands of dollars in missed business if you cancel and the deposit also helps us cover the administrative costs of hours put in by your planner to reach quote stage. You may cancel with no other charges up until 6 months ahead. 80% of venue hire will be refunded up until 21 business days before the event. 50% of venue hire will be refunded if cancelled 14 business days weeks before the event and 30% of venue hire and any costs we have pre paid up until 5 business days ahead.
NOTE: COVID policy is - any event that cannot be held due to COVID restrictions will not be refunded but transferred to a later date when restrictions are lifted.
DO YOU HAVE PARKING?
Like most city venues we only have street parking, however it is not busy out of working hours. We have a parking space next door that is not used at night. The nearest parking station for daytime events, is behind Aldi on Danks St. Greensquare Railway station is a 10 minute walk. The taxi exchange station is directly behind our venue.